30 Days of Biking - Round 3

Guess what? I'm going to do it again - The third round of 30 Days of Biking starts up on April 1st and I signed up to ride my bike every day for 30 days. I'm crazy like that.

I can honestly say that 30 Days of Biking has changed my life for the better. I suppose that sounds overly dramatic. But it's true.

I've become a more active person because of 30 Days of Biking. I've never thought of myself as an athlete, still don't, really, but I certainly have changed my activity level and I exercise almost every day now. That's a pretty big deal for me. I even think exercising is kind of fun. I certainly think bicycling is fun - though I'm not yet fond of going uphill.

I'd like to believe I've also become a more positive person - probably because of the wonderfully positive people I came to know through the challenge. People like Darryl of www.lovingthebike.com who shared his bicycling knowledge and encouraging words from the moment we connected on Twitter and has since become a friend. People like Cassi from www.shebicycles.com who set a goal to bike not just 30 days but 330 days and is kind enough to share her friendship - and great photography - with me even though we've never met in person. Oh, there are so many other people I now know because of this bicycling adventure, people who have supported me and shared their positive thoughts. I can't mention them all or I'd be here all night - and I'd certainly miss someone. And I don't want to do that.

One of my favorite resting spots along the Cannon Valley Trail

30 Days of Biking has also been a great thing for my family. They supported me as I rode my bike Every. Friggin. Day. (a 30 Days of Biking mantra) last April and biked with me every day during the September challenge. We grew as a family as we biked together. We made memories, most of them happy - like biking the Sakatah Trail and stopping to see Wolley Bear caterpillars along the way. Some of them a bit sad - like Rose crashing on our last day of the September challenge. But whether great or slightly sad all of them are memories we now share. All of them helped us grow. All of them are part of who we are now. And that's pretty cool.

So, I'm doing it again. This 30 Days of Biking thing. Because good things happened when I started biking. Good things could happen to you, too! So feel free to sign up for Round 3 and join me - and hundreds of others around the world - and start 30 Days of Biking on April 1st!

Comments

Loving the Bike said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loving the Bike said…
Whoa, I guess it's almost been a year since we first connected huh? #30daysofbiking has done a lot of cool things, but to me...this connection is one of the coolest.

Darryl

Popular posts from this blog

A Change in Plans

A Little Bike Schooling on the B Ride

One of the Best Bike Rides. Ever.