Snow - Funner on a Fatbike!

It snowed! Not much but enough to get out on my Salsa Beargrease this morning and go for a ride with my hubby, Owen, and his Mukluk 2. First ride in the snow on my Bear!! It was fun!!
Fatbike + Snow = Fun
I've ridden in the snow before on my hybrid, an old Specialized Crossroads. Riding that in the snow is fun but riding a fat bike in the snow is funner! (yeah, I know, funner isn't a "real" word but riding a fat bike in the snow will make even an English major will do crazy things like use "funner" in a sentence)

My ride was fairly short, about a half hour. It was partly sunny and pretty warm at 27 degrees. I rode through grassy snow and on the snow-covered gravel and on two-track in a little hideaway near my home. And I rode through some slushy stuff and over some ice.

I didn't have to worry about losing traction or being all that careful on my morning ride. I just rode. Bear just plows through everything. I even rode with some speed when I hurried back to the house to get a multi-tool for Owen. Thankfully we weren't far from home when Owen's rear tire shifted and jammed against his Mukluk's frame. Note to self (and to Owen, ahem...) carry a multi-tool. Always. And Owen, you owe me a latte. Just saying.
First snow. Not much but enough to count!
I'm thinking I'll hit Owen up for that latte this afternoon when we're at the Winter Bike Expo at  Freewheel Midtown. Looks like the event is going to be a lot of fun. Lots of fat bikes, vendors, seminars, a fatbike race - lots of cool things to see and do.

I'll write more later. It's time to get a move on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Change in Plans

Dates with a Biker

A Little Bike Schooling on the B Ride